Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get to MassMutual Center?
Please see our Directions Page.
What items are prohibited inside MassMutual Center?
Prohibited items inside MassMutual Center include:
- No Bags, backpacks, or brief cases except for:
1. Clutch/Purse no larger than 5"x 7"
2. Medical Bag
3. Diaper Bag (with child in attendance)
- Cameras with interchangeable/detachable lens or external flash (No Professional Photography)
- Audio/Visual Recording Devices (includes GoPro, Google Glass, Spectacles, etc.)
- Selfie Sticks, Tripods, Monopods
- Outside Food, Beverage, or Alcohol
- Cans, Metal/Glass/Plastic Containers, Bottles, or Flasks (empty or sealed bottles included)
- Laptops, Tablets, Personal Computers, or Two-Way Radios
- Weapons, Firearms, Pepper Spray, Pocket Knives or Mace
- Illegal Drugs or Substances
- Flammable Liquids, Aerosol Cans, or Permanent Markers
- Flashlights, Laser Pointers, Flares, or Fireworks
- Noise Making Devices (i.e. Air Horns, whistles, bells, vuvuzelas, etc.)
- Balloons, Balls, Projectiles, or Optical Illusions
- Skateboards, Segways, Scooters, Rollerblades, Bicycles, Hover boards, and Helmets
- Coolers, Ice Chests, Folding Chairs, or Pointed-Tip Umbrellas
- Flowers (unless otherwise permitted by Tour Production)
- Seat Cushions or Booster Seats
- Patrons Without Shoes or Shirt
- Masks, Chains, or Studded Belts/Bracelets
- Drones (without prior written consent from MassMutual Center Management)
- Animals or Pets (accommodations made for trained, harnessed, and housebroken service animals)
- Unapproved Pamphlets, Handouts, Ads, or Flyers without prior consent from Arena Management
- Clothing, garments, or signs displaying explicit language, profanity, or derogatory characterization toward any person(s)
- Signs, Flags, or Banners exceeding 11” x 17” or attached to a pole/stick. Signs must be relevant to event. Signs may not contain or display obscene or offensive language and/or pictures as determined by MassMutual Center Management. Management reserves the right to prohibit or remove a sign or banner at any time.
For the protection of all guests visiting MassMutual Center, Security may provide metal detector screenings prior to entering any event space.
MassMutual Center recognizes that some guests may have medical needs that prevent them from passing through metal detectors. Security will conduct an alternative screening process to be respectful of those needs.
No re-entry is allowed.
What are some hotels near MassMutual Center?
Visit the Area Hotels page for our preferred listings.
What restaurant choices are near MassMutual Center?
Visit the Area Attractions & Restaurants page for our preferred listings.
How close is MassMutual Center to Bradley International Airport?
MassMutual Center is less than 20 minutes from Bradley International Airport in Hartford, Connecticut. Rental cars, taxis and bus service are all available.
Why should I book my event at MassMutual Center?
MassMutual Center offers meeting planners the three key ingredients for a successful event: a state-of-the-art convention facility, an experienced and hands-on services team to help plan every aspect of your program, and an accessible location that helps you attract more attendees. MassMutual Center also offers thousands of nearby hotel rooms—with over 900 just steps away from the facility. All of this is set in the New England gateway of Springfield, a vibrant city with a small-town feel that offers exciting possibilities for pre and post-event activities and extracurricular programs.
How can I book my event at MassMutual Center?
Please contact our Sales team at 413-271-3259.
Where are the concessions located?
Please visit the concessions page for a full list of concession items and locations.
Where are the bathrooms located?
Men's bathrooms are located behind Sections 9, 10, & 24. Women's bathrooms are located behind Sections 9, 22, & 27. Handicap accessible bathrooms are located behind Section 9. The family bathroom is located behind Section 28. Bathrooms are also located near the Box Office, as well as on the first and second floor of the Convention Center.
Do I have to buy a ticket for my child if they sit on my lap?
Children under two do not require a ticket for most events but will be required to sit on the lap of a paying customer.
If necessary, guests may bring strollers for an infant/small child to events in the Arena and Convention Center. Please note you may not leave strollers in the aisles, stairwells, or exits. MassMutual Center is not responsible for any lost, stolen, or damaged strollers. Any bags under or on top of the stroller will need to be opened for inspection by security. You must remove the child from the stroller and fold the stroller when going up or down stairs or escalators.
Where do I go if I need assistance in the building?
In the arena, Guest Services is located behind Section 1 on the concourse.
If assistance is needed in the convention center, the information booth is located next to the entrance on the corner of Main Street & Bruce Landon Way.