Maximum 43 ft clearance from floor to structural support beams. See rigging plot for actual distances between beams and load allowance.
One entrance door - off of a four-bay loading dock equipped with dock plates, and one elephant door large enough to allow trucks to drive in with a 20 ft clearance.
*Layout Capacity (Maximum) Full Arena, No Stage 6,663
- End Stage Seated 5,669
- Center Stage Seated 7,743
- Half-House Seated 3,856
- Club Seats 234
- Floor - 93 ft x 205 ft concrete, 85 ft x 200 ft with dashers for hockey
- Unlimited weight load on concrete
- Height to low steel: 43 ft
- Height to high steel: 56 ft
- Arena is equipped with DesChamps dehumidification system
- Permanent ice floor and ice hockey facilities
- All spots are connected to a clear-com intercom system
- There are eight Xenon Super Trouper follow spots
- The facility owns five 5,000 lb forklifts
- For an Executive experience in our arena during an event, our Executive Suites are available to book. From incredible views, to a private bar and catering options, this exclusive area is the perfect setting for company outings, parties or gatherings.
- The Executive Perch is also available to book for a unique experience. Named for its lofty and highly desired locations, The Executive Perch is the perfect area to watch the Springfield Thunderbirds hockey games, sporting events, concerts and family shows.
- The Center Grille is available for corporate events with the ability to host 100 people.
- Stage Right ME3750 rolling stage (Maximum size is 80 ft x 40 ft, at 6 ft high)
- PA wings of up to 12 ft x 24 ft
- Mixer platform will be built to specifications within the limitations of the event set-up and space allowance
12 Quartz lights on each side. Metal Halide and Sodium Vapor lamps take approximately 5-7 minutes to reach full illumination after they have been shut down for a minimum of 15 minutes. Quartz light comes up instantly. Eight spotlights are Lycian 1290, and two spotlights are Xenon Super troupers for a total of ten spotlights. 72 Ephesus LED Lights on the low steel.
- 400 Amp, 3-phase panels behind Sec. 6
- 1-200 Amp, 3-phase panel behind Sec. 8
– These are dedicated supplies and approximately 150 ft from upstage center
- 1-400 Amp, 3-phase panel behind Sec. 11
– Non-dedicated supplies and approximately 100 ft from upstage center
- 1-400 Amp, 3-phase panel behind Sec. 15
– Dedicated supply and approximately 150 ft from upstage center
- 1-200 Amp, 3-phase panel behind Sec. 19
– Dedicated supply and approximately 250 ft from upstage center
Dressing Rooms/Production Offices
- 4 large team dressing/locker rooms all with toilet and shower facilities
- 3 smaller star-type dressing rooms all with toilet and shower facilities
- Telephone & data points available upon request
Full PA system available.
The facility has a four-sided, Daktronics scoreboad utilizing a Colloseo content management system. There is a full production room to process video and graphics for the board. The facility owns four video cameras for use with the scoreboard.
There are many sales points, plus options for several portable stands on the main concourse level.
Backstage catering – kitchen, preparation, serving and eating areas can be arranged through Chris Hayes, Director of Food & Beverage, at 413-271-3250 or Christopher.Hayes@oakviewgroup.com
Parking & Transportation
There is no parking lot on site. At the facility, we do have a four-bay truck dock to unload all shows. This is shared between the Arena and Convention Center. We do park vehicles alongside the facility on the public street by permitting for use of the roadway.
Rigging plans should be submitted to the Operations Department for approval. PDF files of the arena rigging plots are available at the request from the promoter.
There is an advance booking office with a dedicated box office manager at the arena. All tickets are sold through Paciolian Ticketing system. There are a total of six event sales windows. All windows accept credit cards. All box office inquiries should be directed to Peter Colon, Director of Ticketing, at 413-271-3228.
- House security – 24-hour security in house
- Event Stewarding – in house
- CCTV – Substantial coverage throughout the arena and external areas
- Additional security arrangements can be made through Chris Dion, Public Safety Manager, at 413-271-3257
Merchandise locations can be discussed with Chris Hayes at 413-271-3250.
For all public events, an EMT will be onsite. Medical facilities (doctor, dentist, chiropractor, and masseur) can be arranged in advance, or to be onsite in an emergency.
Passenger elevators are located adjacent to the main lobby with access to ground level, concourse level, and upper level seating and press boxes. Two freight elevators with 8,000 lb and 20,000 lb capacity are located on the west service corridor, and have a stop at the arena concourse level. Goods lift is available to the concourse level.