PBR: Pendleton Whisky Velocity Tour
Tickets for the PBR Springfield Invitational on sale now!
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (June 28, 2021) – The PBR Springfield Invitational will tentatively mark the first major ticketed, touring event hosted at full capacity inside MassMutual Center since the onset of the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic.
While the league’s expansion series has never before stopped in Springfield, the City of Firsts is no stranger to PBR action, having welcomed the developmental Touring Pro Division in both 2007 and 2013. After Tony Mendes (Fruita, Colorado) won the inaugural event in 2007, Gage Gay (Staley, North Carolina) captured the title in PBR’s most recent trip to Springfield in 2013.
Massachusetts is also home to one of the fan favorite PBR Pendleton Whisky Velocity Tour events, with Worcester having welcomed the series the past six seasons. Those Bay State event victors are: Tye Chandler (2020 – Celina, Texas); Daniel Tinsman (2019 – Farmland, Indiana); Juan Carlos Contreras (2018; Huichapan, Mexico), Emilio Resende (2017; Santa Helena, Brazil), Winston Lopez (2016; Bandera, Texas), and Austin Meier (2015; Kinta, Oklahoma).
The Springfield tour stop will tentatively mark the 15th Pendleton Whisky Velocity Tour event of the year, with the series first stopping in cities including Greenville, South Carolina; Lexington, Kentucky; Pensacola, Florida and Grand Forks, North Dakota.
Thus far in 2021, the race for the 2021 PBR Pendleton Whisky Velocity Tour Championship is off to a fierce start; the Top 3 riders in the series standings are separated by a mere 12 points.
Austin Richardson (Stephenville, Texas) currently holds the No. 1 rank after winning one PWVT event and registering two additional Top-10 efforts across four events. The 21-year-old Texan leads No. 2 Paulo Ferreira Lima (Bezerros, Brazil) by a slim 8.67 points, and No. 3 Michael Lane (Tazewell, Virginia) by 11.5 points.
The bull riding action for the PBR Pendleton Whisky Velocity Tour’s Springfield Invitational begins at 8:00 p.m. EDT on Friday, August 13, and at 7:00 p.m. EDT on Saturday, August 14 at MassMutual Center.
On Friday night, all 40 competing riders will attempt one bull each in Round 1. The same 40 riders will then return for Round 2 on Saturday evening. Following Round 2, the Top 10 will then advance to the championship round where they will attempt one final bull, all in an effort to be crowned the event champion.
Tickets for the event are on sale now, and start at $15, taxes and fees not included. Fans are encouraged to purchase their tickets early, with all price levels increasing $5 on event day. Tickets can be purchased online at MassMutualCenter.com or PBR.com, or by calling PBR Customer Service at 1-800-732-1727.
For an enhanced PBR experience, fans can also purchase PBR Elite Experience Add On for $50, which will provide a behind-the-chutes look into the toughest sport on dirt.
The Elite Experience Add On, available on both Aug. 13-14, includes a pre-event question and answer session with PBR stars, commemorative lanyard and post-event photo opportunity in the arena. For more information, contact PBR Direct at 800-732-1727.
Throughout the 2021 season, PBR will continue to commit to providing a safe environment for fans, athletes, employees, and crew by working with its venue partners to implement health and safety protocols for live events while following health guidance from local and state officials.
PBR 2 Day Package - Ticket Includes Access to all days
PBR 2 Day Package
- Ticket Includes Access to both days
- Save up to 20%
- Same seat for both days BUY NOW!
What are Platinum Seats?
- Platinum Seats are premium tickets to concerts and other events made available by artist and event providers. They give fans fair and safe access to some of the best seats in the house.
- Must be purchased in multiples of two
- Ticket limit per transaction: 8 BUY NOW!
Elite Experience Add On
“Elite Experience Add On” - $50 upgrade (DOES NOT INCUDE AN EVENT TICKET)
Available for both days
Cap at 50 people each night
Want to become fully immersed in the sport of bull riding? Your chance to hear from PBR talent on everything you want to know about bull riding.
The Elite Experience Add On includes:
- PBR Talent Tour and Q&A
- Photo on the Shark Cage
- Commemorative Cred & Lanyard BUY NOW!
Terms & Conditions
IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ:
ASSUMPTION OF RISK: The Venue operates and maintains its premises to protect against the exposure of the COVID-19 virus in accordance with federal and state guidelines. As noted by government health officials, complete isolation from the virus is impossible. Accordingly, the Venue cannot and does not promise to eliminate the risk of exposure to COVID-19 and cannot and does not promise that the Ticket Holder will not contract COVID-19. The Ticket Holder acknowledges that the Venue has informed him/her that the Venue is not risk-free, that it is possible that the Ticket Holder may contract COVID-19 during his/her presence at the Venue, and that Ticket Holder freely chooses to enter and/or reside in the Venue with awareness of the associated risks.
- No Bags, backpacks, or brief cases except for:
1. Clutch/Purse no larger than 5"x 7"
2. Medical Bag
3. Diaper Bag (with child in attendance)
- Cameras with interchangeable/detachable lens or external flash (No Professional Photography)
- Audio/Visual Recording Devices (includes GoPro, Google Glass, Spectacles, etc.)
- Selfie Sticks, Tripods, Monopods
- Outside Food, Beverage, or Alcohol
- Cans, Metal/Glass/Plastic Containers, Bottles, or Flasks (empty or sealed bottles included)
- Laptops, Tablets, Personal Computers, or Two-Way Radios
- Weapons, Firearms, Pepper Spray, Pocket Knives or Mace
- Illegal Drugs or Substances
- Flammable Liquids, Aerosol Cans, or Permanent Markers
- Flashlights, Laser Pointers, Flares, or Fireworks
- Noise Making Devices (i.e. Air Horns, whistles, bells, vuvuzelas, etc.)
- Balloons, Balls, Projectiles, or Optical Illusions
- Skateboards, Segways, Scooters, Rollerblades, Bicycles, Hover boards, and Helmets
- Coolers, Ice Chests, Folding Chairs, or Pointed-Tip Umbrellas
- Flowers (unless otherwise permitted by Tour Production)
- Seat Cushions or Booster Seats
- Patrons Without Shoes or Shirt
- Masks, Chains, or Studded Belts/Bracelets
- Drones (without prior written consent from MassMutual Center Management)
- Animals or Pets (accommodations made for trained, harnessed, and housebroken service animals)
- Unapproved Pamphlets, Handouts, Ads, or Flyers without prior consent from Arena Management
- Clothing, garments, or signs displaying explicit language, profanity, or derogatory characterization toward any person(s)
- Signs, Flags, or Banners exceeding 11” x 17” or attached to a pole/stick. Signs must be relevant to event. Signs may not contain or display obscene or offensive language and/or pictures as determined by MassMutual Center Management. Management reserves the right to prohibit or remove a sign or banner at any time.