Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get to MassMutual Center?
Please see our Directions Page.
What items are prohibited inside MassMutual Center?
Prohibited items inside MassMutual Center include:
- No Bags, backpacks, or brief cases except for:
1. Clutch/Purse no larger than 5"x 7"
2. Medical Bag
3. Diaper Bag (with child in attendance)
- Cameras with interchangeable/detachable lens or external flash (No Professional Photography)
- Audio/Visual Recording Devices (includes GoPro, Google Glass, Spectacles, etc.)
- Selfie Sticks, Tripods, Monopods
- Outside Food, Beverage, or Alcohol
- Cans, Metal/Glass/Plastic Containers, Bottles, or Flasks (empty or sealed bottles included)
- Laptops, Tablets, Personal Computers, or Two-Way Radios
- Weapons, Firearms, Pepper Spray, Pocket Knives or Mace
- Illegal Drugs or Substances
- Flammable Liquids, Aerosol Cans, or Permanent Markers
- Flashlights, Laser Pointers, Flares, or Fireworks
- Noise Making Devices (i.e. Air Horns, whistles, bells, vuvuzelas, etc.)
- Balloons, Balls, Projectiles, or Optical Illusions
- Skateboards, Segways, Scooters, Rollerblades, Bicycles, Hover boards, and Helmets
- Coolers, Ice Chests, Folding Chairs, or Pointed-Tip Umbrellas
- Flowers (unless otherwise permitted by Tour Production)
- Seat Cushions or Booster Seats
- Patrons Without Shoes or Shirt
- Masks, Chains, or Studded Belts/Bracelets
- Drones (without prior written consent from MassMutual Center Management)
- Animals or Pets (accommodations made for trained, harnessed, and housebroken service animals)
- Unapproved Pamphlets, Handouts, Ads, or Flyers without prior consent from Arena Management
- Clothing, garments, or signs displaying explicit language, profanity, or derogatory characterization toward any person(s)
- Signs, Flags, or Banners exceeding 11” x 17” or attached to a pole/stick. Signs must be relevant to event. Signs may not contain or display obscene or offensive language and/or pictures as determined by MassMutual Center Management. Management reserves the right to prohibit or remove a sign or banner at any time.
For the protection of all guests visiting MassMutual Center, Security may provide metal detector screenings prior to entering any event space.
MassMutual Center recognizes that some guests may have medical needs that prevent them from passing through metal detectors. Security will conduct an alternative screening process to be respectful of those needs.
No re-entry is allowed.
What are some hotels near MassMutual Center?
Visit the Area Hotels page for our preferred listings.
What restaurant choices are near MassMutual Center?
Visit the Area Attractions & Restaurants page for our preferred listings.
How close is MassMutual Center to Bradley International Airport?
MassMutual Center is less than 20 minutes from Bradley International Airport in Hartford, Connecticut. Rental cars, taxis and bus service are all available.
Why should I book my event at MassMutual Center?
MassMutual Center offers meeting planners the three key ingredients for a successful event: a state-of-the-art convention facility, an experienced and hands-on services team to help plan every aspect of your program, and an accessible location that helps you attract more attendees. MassMutual Center also offers thousands of nearby hotel rooms—with over 900 just steps away from the facility. All of this is set in the New England gateway of Springfield, a vibrant city with a small-town feel that offers exciting possibilities for pre and post-event activities and extracurricular programs.
How can I book my event at MassMutual Center?
Please contact our Sales team at 413-271-3259.
Where are the concessions located?
Please visit the concessions page for a full list of concession items and locations.
Where are the bathrooms located?
Men's bathrooms are located behind Sections 9, 10, & 24. Women's bathrooms are located behind Sections 9, 22, & 27. Handicap accessible bathrooms are located behind Section 9. The family bathroom is located behind Section 28. Bathrooms are also located near the Box Office, as well as on the first and second floor of the Convention Center.
Do I have to buy a ticket for my child if they sit on my lap?
All individuals must possess a valid ticket to gain entry into the MassMutual Center for all events. Children UNDER the age of two (2) are admitted free of charge for most events however they must sit on a lap. Please note that some events require any child 12 months or older to possess a valid ticket and this will be noted within the event details. Please call MassMutual Center Ticket Office at (413) 787-6600 for event-specific information.
What if I have a stroller?
If necessary, guests may bring strollers for an infant/small child to events in the Arena and Convention Center. Please note you may not leave strollers in the aisles, stairwells, or exits. MassMutual Center is not responsible for any lost, stolen, or damaged strollers. Any bags under or on top of the stroller will need to be opened for inspection by security. You must remove the child from the stroller and fold the stroller when going up or down stairs or escalators.
Where do I go if I need assistance in the building?
In the arena, Guest Services is located behind Section 1 on the concourse.
If assistance is needed in the convention center, the information booth is located next to the entrance on the corner of Main Street & Bruce Landon Way.
What if I lost my tickets?
CASH PAYMENT: There are no instances when replacement tickets will be issued if a patron has lost their tickets.
CREDIT CARD PAYMENT: Call (413) 787-6600 or visit the MassMutual Center Box Office. The following information will be required: customer’s name, date of purchase, credit card used. Once the original order has been found, replacement tickets will be printed and the original tickets will be voided.
ONLINE TICKETING OR CHARGE BY PHONE: Call (413) 787-6600 or visit the MassMutual Center Box Office to report your tickets lost. They will give you further instructions. Any replacement tickets will only be allowed to be picked up on the event day. This is to ensure the safety of your ticket because once tickets have been replaced; no other replacements can be made. Tickets can only be picked up by the person who is listed on the account as the ticket purchaser with a valid ID and credit card used to purchase the tickets.
*In all instances, tickets should be treated like cash. There is no guarantee on replacing tickets. Replacement tickets may be subject to a reprint fee.
Can I get a refund or exchange my tickets?
Customers may upgrade their tickets when possible, however this is not guaranteed and it is at the sole discretion of the box office or event promoter. All sales are final; no exchanges or refunds. Fees may apply.
In the instance of an event cancelation, all credit cards will be automatically refunded. Guests who paid with cash will need to go to the MassMutual Center Box Office for a refund. All order charges and delivery fees are non-refundable.
What is your re-entry policy?
Once a ticket has been scanned for entry into MassMutual Center, a guest may not exit and re-enter. In order to gain access to the venue, the guest will need to purchase a new ticket.
How do I order group tickets?
There are various events and shows that offer group discounts. The number that is considered a group varies by event, but is typically a group of at least 10+. If you are interested in purchasing group tickets for an event, please email Danny at email@example.com or call (413) 271-3641 to request more information.